Kathryn Fagan Enterprises - poor service,violated privacy rights, stole from me,threatened me

Oct 15, 2011
review #268370
Update added by user Oct 15, 2011

By the way, one of the items she refuses to return is my son\'s only winter jacket. Most of our family lives up north, and winter is fast approaching. Why allow an innocent child to freeze because of a conflict with his parent?

Original review posted by user Oct 15, 2011

This company worked for me for over 2 years, providing oragnizing, housekeeping, pet and house sitting. Over the years there were instances when things were broken or missing but she refused to take responsibility for them; however this summer there were large expenses incurred as a result of her allowing my dogs to urinate all over my carpets as well as landscaping that died for her failure to contact sprinkler repair in a timely manner as instructed, or to hand water. Also her website claims she will supervise contractors but her failure to do so resulted in paint splattered all over my driveway.

Anyway even with all this I planned to pay her but the bill was very large so I asked for TIME, a payment plan or a settlement. I am a disabled widow on a fixed income. The owner, Kathryn Fagan, became very angry and sent me several abusive emails and text messages before agreeing to a settlement by email, which she subsequently failed to honor. She also had her husband call and threaten me in the middle of the night, and posted slanderous and untrue statements on my facebook page for all to see, violating her own policy of "respect for privacy" which she touts on her website.

Perhaps worst of all, she possesses items of mine which she refuses to return although on 5 separate occasions she promised to do so, always in exchange for money. The first 2 times, I actually paid her ($700 x 2) although the items were not returned. Then I had to sell my son's car to get the rest of the money she demanded but she refused to show up with my items.

7e9feba
2.5
Had an experience with Kathryn Fagan Enterprises?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Roberta

Jun 20, 2012

Kathryn Fagan says, "I question a person who has nothing but time to surf the internet and file complaints about another person (company) just because the choose to be vindictive." Now THAT is funny!! She is a business owner, that just so happened to find the complaint against her by accident, (so she says.) I am impartial - I know neither party, However, I believe the customer/client. I have seen the complaints of "crazy" people, and hers is not written like one. Now, Ms Fagan's responses on the other hand ~ oh my! She never quite responds to the actual complaint (items not returned) and at one point she does get personal when discussing the customer/client's lifestyle and spending habits. Which, IS NONE OF HER BUSINESS! Her business, is her business, perhaps she should pay more attention to it!

divadoc1

Jan 12, 2012

I have some good news to report! After 5 months of waiting, in addition to contacting several consumer advocacy groups, one of these groups was able to convince Kathryn Fagan Enterprises to return my items (including my son's winter jacket, my tax receipts, and my now useless house keys!) A victory for consumer groups is always a win!! :)

Unfortunately, Ms. Fagan herself seems undeterred in her efforts to squeeze out every dime she feels she deserves, in full payment for services inadequately rendered. As she indicates in her comments, she insists on dragging me into court...and correctly states that I have hired an attorney. Since there is quite a bit of money at stake, I have chosen the least expensive option! Ms. Fagan seems blissfully unaware that her legal action caused me to have to choose, during the holiday season, between paying my mortgage or feeding my family. She still seems convinced that I have a "money tree" growing in my backyard, although the actual situation is quite the contrary. :sigh Of course, the judge may not care about this either....but he WILL take note of the fact that Ms. Fagan did agree to a settlement IN WRITING, and then failed to comply with the agreement! :eek

The saddest part of the whole situation, however, is
... Show more

kathrryn fagan

Jan 12, 2012

P.S. teh widow on disability did not show up for small claims court but sent a lawyer!!!! but cannot afford to pay for services rendered. WOW!!! :? :eek

Jun 22

Wow, were you drunk when you wrote this? You spelled your own first name wrong as well as the word "the." Not very professional in my opinion.

kathryn fagan

Jan 12, 2012

i am proud to say i have MANY wonderful clients that do pay their bills. I have character reference letters, i have references from clients i have worked for for over 15 years, That is what really counts. One bad apples does not spoil the bunch. There will always be someone who wants to comaplain. Some people like to complain, especially when they have LOTS OF TIME to be mean and maipulative. Karma... :grin

Kat

Jun 22 Tequesta, Florida

Kathryn, you seem completely unprofessional as well as extremely uneducated. Reread your comments and correct your numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes before posting them if you take your business seriously.

KATE

Jan 12, 2012

lies, lies, and more lies. Really sad how one can fabricate stories. I know i did my job. I cleaned and dog sat, now the "disabled widow" still won't pay. Kids go to private schools, sleep away camp, european vacations, cruises around the world, all while WE take care of her house. She can afford all that on disability. I only post the truth! I did ONE dinner for this client and ONE only......pay your bill.....perfect example of another client like you:::::THIS WAS POSTED TO PISSED CONSUMER ABOUT ANOTHER COMPANY LIKE SOMEONE FALSLY POSTED ABOUT ME. "Unethical behavior by Beachbody...watch out!" wrote one customer on PissedConsumer.com, an online forum, in June. The customer railed against the Santa Monica, California -- based maker of fitness videos, claiming that it charged for something the customer didn't intend to order online. In the comment box, Tiana, a customer service representative from Beachbody, wrote, "I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience." She left her contact information and added, "I would be glad to assist you and help to restore your faith in our company."

THIMGS SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED AND SENSORED BEFORE POSTED
:upset

divadoc1

Dec 16, 2011

The above comment really makes no sense to me, but it does give me an opportunity to update the situation! She claims "lies are being posted everywhere"...yet nothing I have claimed is untrue! Meanwhile, she does not address the real issues....the fact that she still keeps my items, and that she is guilty of publicly slandering me on the internet, even after she had agreed to a settlement which she then backed out of.

The latest development is that she is now actually suing me for the money she claims I owe her....ALTHOUGH she has never addressed the service issues mentioned above, still keeps my things, and is guilty of libel. I simply cannot understand how any company can do business in this way! Remember, all of this started because I simply asked for TIME in which to pay my bill....not because I refused to pay it.

And to set the record straight; she did cater for me on more than one occasion over the 3 years. During the time of her employment, not only did I pay her for her services, but also gave her, and her employees, special gifts for holidays, etc, also allowed them to keep certain items I was donating to charity if they wanted them, and even gave them perks from my own home business, treating them as special clients. Our working relationship ENDED simply because I realized I could not afford to continue paying for her services, especially when she consistently failed to take responsibility for damages to my home and posessions.... Show more

Kathryn Fagan

Dec 15, 2011

Pissed Consumer says "personal attacks will be deleated" however they do not question the character of someone who posts a very negative complaint. I cam across this by accident. The funny thing is, i cater for this woman ONE TIME...... and did not get paid. :(
I question a person who has nothing but time to surf the internet and file complaints about another person (company) just because the choose to be vindictive. The working relationship ended i wish to be paid, (which i still have not) now i am being harrassed and lies are being posted everywhere. Oh what a sad situation.
All the excuses regarding the lack of payment really does not mean anything since those "circumstances"were in place when the job originated, so WHY after 3 years should i not be paid??? :cry

Jun 23 Doylestown, Pennsylvania

You also seem to have a helluva lot of time to surf the Internet making petty comments as you have demonstrated by your posts here, not to mention the negative comments you have repeatedly left about other people's businesses on other sites. What's REALLY sad is that you don't even seem to be smart enough to realize this makes you a hypocrite.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kathryn Fagan Enterprises.
Filing a new complaint about
×